Current Sales Rep Job Description
Wholesale Building Products is an exporter and wholesale distributor of building materials and lumber products. We specialize in the consolidation of a variety of products to offer our customers constant supply of the perfect mix of products. Our main markets are the Caribbean, Latin America and retailers in South and North Florida.
We have warehouses in Hollywood and Jacksonville, Florida, where we work with our partner companies to reman lumber, fabricate rebar, fabricate commercial and residential doors, as well as offer the preparation of export documents, all in-house.
Wholesale is looking for motivated individuals with sales and industry experience (construction, building products, lumber or any other relevant field) to join our sales team.
Tasks and responsibility:
- Assisting customers with product information, quotes, and orders.
- Purchasing special order items for customers as needed
- Making recommendations on best alternatives based on the customers’ wants and needs
- Reaching out to new potential customers and creating new business leads
- Meeting or exceeding sales expectations
- Using research skills and product knowledge to provide accurate information on our products and services
- Keeping a log of customer interactions and a contact list to continue building customer relationships.
Sales representatives work from the office via phone and email, but are sometimes required to visit customers in person. When this is the case, travel is a great perk of working at Wholesale!
We are looking for the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to research product specifications
- Great time-management skills
- Team player
- Ability to work well with short deadlines
- Problem-solving skills
- Motivation and desire to constantly learn about new products
- Interpersonal skills
- Professional English speaking and writing skills
Spanish speaking and writing skills are an asset
Demonstrated sales experience is an asset
Construction and building materials industry experience is a strong asset.
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance
- 401K retirement plan with company match
- Weekly paycheck
- Paid Holidays – no waiting period from hire date
- Opportunities for advancement
- Local HR Representative.
- Great workplace culture
If you have any questions regarding the position please do not hesitate to communicate with us at email@example.com.